Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Embrace the Camera 5.3.12




Sorry things have been a little quiet here.  Kennedy hasn't been sleeping well, which means Mama hasn't been sleeping well.  And of course that means I'd rather lay on the couch than do ANYTHING when she naps :) 


The sleep issue finally caught up with me this Tuesday.  It was not one of my prettier moments, err days.  I had no patience for Clayton, Kennedy or the furbabies.  The day seemed to last forever.  I was irritable and I complained about anything and everything, to anyone who would listen.  Instead of putting her down for a proper nap, I gave in and put her in the carseat so I could drive around for an hour.  She wasn't in a terrible mood, but the old saying "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" rings pretty true.  I did try though.  I tried to change my ugly attitude.  Kennedy went down for her afternoon nap around 2:00 and I went immediately to bed, hoping a nap for myself would help.  I woke up an hour later, feeling better.  But that nap quickly wore off.  I was still crabby and I started a fight with Clayton.  I have no idea what it was about, even 2 days later.  I needed more time, so I got in the car and went to McDonald's for a blue powerade...haha.  I came home and Clayton had fed Kennedy and she was taking her evening nap (maybe all the naps is why she isn't sleeping well...hmmmm.) The rest of the day was fine, I adjusted my attitude and that makes for a much happier home.  I tell you all of this because of this photo...


Instagram photo
This was taken Tuesday morning...In the middle of my bad attitude.  But the beautiful thing about it is that I won't remember the bad attitude, the crabby mama, or the irritation of the day.  All I will remember from this day was THIS moment.  My baby girl, cuddled up with me and reading a book.  In 5, 10, 30 years from now I will look at this picture and remember nothing from the day other than how she felt in my arms, how sweet she smelled, how warm we were wrapped in our blankie and how much I loved this moment.  To me this is the perfect moment...and perfect reason to embrace the camera!!





3 comments:

  1. Definitely a perfect moment! It is sweet moments like this that get us through the crabby, awful days. I'm stopping by from Embrace the Camera. Have a great day! (O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love your positive outlook. I could use some of that on this rainy Seattle day with a sick baby in my arms. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the good moments are so worth the tired, bad days. they definitely eclipse them.

    just found your blog, it's nice to meet you!

    xoashley

    ashleytrujillo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...