Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Family Moments

Family is a HUGE deal to Clayton and I.  We both come from what I consider to be normal sized families who are spread out all over the country.  We were extremely blessed to have almost everyone in attendance at our May wedding.  It was the first time Clayton met some of my family and the first time I met some of his.

You know that feeling when you meet someone for the first time, and you know the two of you have a special bond?  That bond could be friendship, admiration for each other, love, respect or anything in between.  It's a bond that happens, not because it "has" to, but because it just did. 

I want to introduce you to Clayton's cousin, L-man.  L-man is 13 and the sweetest kid you'll ever meet.  His family doesn't live in Texas, so my first time to meet him was Thursday before our wedding.  *Instant bond* I was told L was shy, and I saw that in him, but not with me.  Immediately he was showing me their "awesome" rental car and we were talking about movies like we had always known each other!  Since it was the wedding weekend and there was so much going on I didn't get to spend much more time with L.  But there sitting in my facebook inbox, on a horrible Monday morning, 4 months after our wedding, was this message...

"hi maria,

I'm glad you are my cousin. I hope you are having fun with Mattison."

The sweetest message I've ever received!  It turned my day completely around...I called Clayton in tears (good tears) to tell him just how cool I thought it was.  It is such a great feeling to know that you made just as much of an impression on someone as they have made on you.  I guess that's the best we can hope for isn't it?!
L-man with my sister-in-law E

Anyone else have a special bond they are thankful for?  Or received sweet messages that completely turned your Monday around?!

1 comment:

  1. I thought this message was sweet: "Hey, we have an extra ticket to the Rangers/Yankees game....wanna come?"

    Thanks Maria!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...