Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tough Realization

I probably should have come to this conclusion a long time ago.  But I just wasn't ready to give up on it, not quite yet.  But two weekends ago, it happened.....I realized I am too old to be shopping in the juniors department.  *sigh*

I have started to realize this over time, I just didn't want it to be true.  Juniors prices are so much better than women's!!  So Clayton and I had a wedding to attend and I needed a dress!  I was browsing online on Friday (yes, the day before the wedding...the shame!) but nothing in the junior section really seemed appropriate for a "grown up" party.  And I am a grown up, right?!  So I decided I'd just have to go to the store and see what they had...great idea!!!  Uhm, yeah not!!!!

I got to big department store at about 2:00 on Saturday.  Started browsing through the dress section, of the juniors, grabbed a few hopefuls and headed to the dressing room.  Where I had to wait in a 15 minute line because of coure no one should EVER go shopping for dresses, in the junior section, in September aka HOMECOMING SEASON *face palm*  And it was during my 15 minute wait that really drilled home the fact that I am too old to be shopping in the junior section...it went a little like this...
Mom of TEENAGER looking for homecoming dress: "Oh!  That's a pretty dress!! (pointing to one in my hands) What school do you go to?"
Me: stumbling over words..."Oh, no!  Haha, I am not in high school.  I'm 25...and married!"
Mom: "Oh, that's nice."
Me: Turning bright red....LIGHTBULB turning on above head.

Of course I had already waited 15 minutes so when my turn came, I went into the dressing room, tried on and absolutely hated all of the dresses I had picked out.  Surprise surprise, I look like I'm 15 when wearing a junior girls dress.

So I succumbed and went shopping in the women's section...hey, not so bad!  Ouch, minus the price.  Well, I understood that a nice dress was going to cost me a little more than a juniors dress, but it would be worth it.  And I can wear it more than once
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=477945&CategoryID=26513

...I had learned a lesson and managed to get out of there with a super cute dress for $50!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yep, I had somehow found a great dress for less than I would have paid for for a juniors dress that made me look 15, SCORE!!!!!

Anyone else come to the realization they are too old for the juniors department?  Been mistaken for a high school homecomer?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...