Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

4 Years

Four years ago I opened my heart to the love of my life.

Four years ago today I finally accepted Clayton's invitation to hang out. I knew he liked me and he tried very hard for a few months to get me to just hang out with him and his friends. I always declined. I just wasn't sure I was ready to let him in. I wasn't sure I was ready to date anyone. He was a nice guy and funny-always made me laugh! I just had my own hang ups.

Four years ago I decided to let go and give it a shot, he sure as hell deserved it. He never gave up on asking me out and I am so glad he didn't.

Four years ago we hung out and watched The Secret Window. Our first date-something I look back on now and see just how perfectly us it was!

We truly were inseparable after that. It was obvious to everyone we worked with (oh yeah, we met while working together, so when I say he asked me out for months he asked almost everyday-amazing he never gave up on me. He saw our future before I could.) The only time we've been apart since that day four years ago was that summer when I went on a family vacation. And of course we talked multiple times everyday on the phone. So in 3.5 years we haven't been apart for more than a few hours (work days and such.) And I would not have it any other way.

He is my husband, my best friend, my life and one true love. I thank God everyday that this amazing man was able to see something that at first I couldn't and that he had the strength and determination to see it through!

We've come a long way in just four short years and I cannot wait to see where the rest of our journey takes us.

The first photo taken of us together...May 6, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...